Friday, December 23, 2005

Excellence Vs EQ?

Something in me struck a chord this morning.

I used to have the spirit of excellence in me. Everything has to be perfect, everything has to be done well. But now, since I have come out to work, I have become more conscious of the people around me.

I have been boosting on my EQ that I have forgone my inner drive to perfection. Not that it's not good, but it have become a problem as now, I have lost my drive to do well. I have become a people pleaser instead of having the spirit to excel.

I used to be a Sergeant in The Boys' Brigade (BB), and it is indeed true that once you're in the BB, you get BB blood runninig through your veins. And thinking back, I used to be a hard man. A VERY HARD MAN...

So hard until people cannot follow me willingly. I am forceful, strict, and authoritarian. But now, I have learnt to get everyone to work as a group, to make everyone happy in a sense. Maybe a little too much.

There's this thing about balance that is not very easy to achieve. Imagine yourself standing in the middle of the see-saw, and try balancing yourself on it, trying not to fall to either side. You will find yourself constantly moving to keep your balance.

That tells us balance is a very liquid issue. You can't achieve balance and think "There. That's it. I've done it." It's simply liquid. You have to maintain it. You will simply be thrown off to one side if you don't keep yourself in check and 'maintain' the balance you've achieved.

So... put yourself on a see-saw and try it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

Wow... you are getting OLDER...!! that's the only explaination!!! well......don't you try to defence. Accept the fact... and move on. :) Merry Christmas!!!

December 23, 2005 4:28 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

TGL: Justify 'Older'...

December 23, 2005 5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring