Friday, August 05, 2005

I have decided...

I won't be going anywhere... I'm gonna stay and put up a good fight. Valiant till death! That is my calling...

Hahahaha... Apparently, I had a hero's breakfast... that's why the heroic tone and manner... hahahaha

Well, life is starting to suck and mostly it's due to 1 person. A colleague of mine has been getting on my nerves lately and because of this colleague, I have to suffer harsh criticism, stay back after work to pick-up shit that's left until the very last minute, and have my work shot down because of some improper and unorganised briefing. I'm trying very hard to juggle between doing my job and taking care of my own priorities in life. If I don't live up to expectations, then I become dispensable. But if living up to expectations means picking up shit from fellow colleagues, then that's not very fair ain't it? All this because I'm new in the office, because I'm a junior.

During the interview for this job, I told my current boss that I would prefer to work under a senior so that I may be able to watch and learn... but No... They hired me for the cheap and got an even cheaper junior working with me... So sometimes, I wonder if I learn better doing it the hard way... and yet sometimes, I feel that I'm not learning anything at all. All I get is criticism and for all you know, complaints from my colleagues that go straight to the boss' ears. So who's fault is it that I'm in such a situation? Is it bad management (hiring me as the more senior copywriter) or is it me not being able to live up to the boss' expectations that I can pull through??? But then, in the very beginning, i told them that i want to be the junior wah...

Sigh...

It's always hard to play chess on the office's political sphere. One wrong move and you'd have sacrificed your queen. and I've lost quite a few pawns lately... Now, I have to be on my toes so that I won't get myself checked. Maybe it's time I start going after the opponent's queen... hhhmmm...

De-motivated...

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, you go to FCC? Faith City Church? Who are you?

August 05, 2005 10:48 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Not that FCC...

Faith Christian Centre in Bandar Sunway...

We're relatively young compared to the other FCC... :)

Confusing, i know... and it's not the first time...

August 05, 2005 11:09 am  
Blogger Chief said...

now that you've decided, put everything you have into it !
it's not easy doing the balancing act but you'll get by.

August 05, 2005 5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring