Thursday, August 25, 2005

Desparation...

I am scared of being desparate, and also scared of desparate people. But I find Desparate Housewives kinda entertaining.

Anyhows, it's a tight rope to walk when it comes to employment. The employer will take advantage of desparate employees, and the employees will take advantage of the desparate employers... It's so hard to find a balance. The harder road to travel on will be the ones where the employers know you are desparate for the job. And being an employee, I am also afraid of desparate employers, where everything the client wants, the client gets. That will definately throw your life into chaos.

Clients do have a knack of coming up with a lot of last minute stuff. And, agencies will thus press their equally desparate suppliers into doing all kinds of funny jobs and requests. I've worked in an agency where FAST is the motto and flagship service. Whenever the client wants a last minute job to be done, where no other agency will take, they come to us. How messed up is that!? Thus, I constantly found myself rushing the job for no good reason, pressing the suppliers into working overtime, and doing twice the work, because all this ad-hoc and last minute jobs have always last minute changes.

It's a tight-rope, and it's up to me where I want to fall; The left (desparate employers) or the right (desparate employee)...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

yep, lots of tight-rope walking to be done

August 25, 2005 9:38 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

makes me wonder... you a desparate chief?

August 26, 2005 11:27 am  
Blogger Chief said...

Been there, done that

August 29, 2005 9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring