Saturday, August 30, 2008

So I joined the worship team...

Since I just started to lead worship in KK while I was there for a year, I felt that I needed to serve. So I joined the worship team in FCC. In fact, I came to the practice on my first Tuesday. I travelled down from INTI Nilai to INTI Subang via the INTIBUS. That was the only direct route on anything. I would travel 45 mintues on the KLIA Dedicated Highway with 2 or 3 of my friends every Tuesday evening, do the practise and spend the night at the Pastor's apartment. Then early morning, at about 6am, a brother would send everyone who came down to INTI Subang to take the earliest INITBUS back to Nilai. It was crazy, but it felt right. I felt that I needed to serve and this was one of the places I came to grow in ministry and in serving.

The criteris was tough. I had to sit down and do nothing for about 3 months. It was called a probation period in which everyone was gauged on their serving attitude, their dedication to the church and to the team, their commitment to come every week, and all that. besides that also, we had to learn the songs that this new church was singing. It was not the same stuff as my previous church, and it was tonnes more hard to learn. But we did it anyway. We struggled through and we even cried sometimes, but we still kept going. There was no such thing as giving up.

From that point onwards, I became a guitarist. I used to lug my 12 string guitar up and down the INTIBUS just to play for God and the team. I just wanted to worship.

And then, not long after that, I became a main-stay and actually got to play every week. I wasn't the most talented, but I had a little bit of talent, so I improved a lot in that department. Until one point in time, that I felt I was ok with my guitar skills, and thus I told the team leader that I would like to venture into singing as well, with a view of leading worship one day.

I was well on my way to leading worship until suddenly, my worship team leader quit and joined a newly formed church...

(to be continued...)

6 Comments:

Blogger garrylin said...

so here we go~ a series of flash back~ i wonder what the grand finale will be~

September 02, 2008 1:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh boy...you at least got 2-3 friends accompany you through the journey from ICM to ICSJ man...me?? "yit tiau kun" le dai lou...hahaha...but those are sweet memories...hope to do that again...

September 02, 2008 2:17 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

But trust me, I think Des's condition is far more pathetic...

September 02, 2008 8:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. suddenly in mood to tell grandpa stories.. haha.. waiting to see what's coming next..

danny

September 03, 2008 3:41 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

sure or not...??

September 03, 2008 11:43 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

We slept in the living room of the pastor's apartment in Subang Ville. sometimes, 6-7 people would sleep there. Most of the time, we didn't sleep at all. Mosquitoes, the heat, dirt filled matresses...

And after all that, we served on Sunday, took the train back to Nilai after service, spend about 4 hours travelling on the KTM and Sepang Bus and would reach my hostel door at about 4pm.

September 03, 2008 8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring