Wednesday, August 06, 2008

HP Mini Notebook 2133 Review

It's been almost a week now since I've bought my HP Mini. I think it deserves a review, just in case you guys are thinking of getting a small sized notebook.

First things first, performance wise, it's 'ok' for a complete notebook of its size. It's not Intel 2-Core, thus, multi-tasking may be a little too much to ask from it. Basic word processing and communication would be ideal. Haven't tried it on graphics yet, but then, with a screen that small, you'd be morbid if you bought it for graphics.

Although for its size, it really does pack a mighty punch as compared to it rivals, namely the Acer, and the ASUS, both of these minis don't come with a 120G HDD, and from what I learn, with good reason. The SATA HDD uses up much more energy much more faster. If you'd have a 8G Solid slate, then it'll use up less energy. My battery lasts for not more than 2 hours without music. However, that being said, I don't find it a hassle to bring around its mobile charger and adapter at all. Since the mini is so small, there's no hassle bringing its adapter charger around. I can put everything into my pouch bag and carry the mini around as if I'm carrying a Bible.

And speaking of small in size, I found it hard to purchase a bag that is suitable enough for my mini. It is as long as normal notebooks are wide, so if I bought a normal 15" notebook bag, I'd be bringing a lot of air around with me. Heck, even the manufacturers don't have bags this small. I had to cut the 14" slip-in bag that they gave me into half and stitch the thing back with my limited threading skills...

Connectivity is very much hassle-free as I can just plop it on my dinner table at any mall and I can do both things at the same time. However that being said, the battery life does come as a hassle if ever I spend more than 2 hours at the restaurant. I might need to buy the 6-battery pack soon as a back-up for traveling and all that, since I got so much space inside my bag... Hehe..

As for looks, it is great! I love the whole build-up of the thing. Sleek on the outside, user friendly on the inside. I'm already having slight trouble keeping my stubby fingers on the right keys on this 95% : actual size keyboard, imagine how much more difficult it'll be if I had bought the Acer/ASUS that comes with keyboards so small that I might as well type with my pinky!

As for heat, the thing can and will burn your balls if you used it as a lap-top, however, the problem can be solved with a certain RM10.90 dish strainer that you can buy from any french hypermart near your house. Scandinavian breakfast-in-bed trays are also useful, but much more expensive...

I guess that's all for now...

And oh, I got the keys to my new apartment dy...

Wanna rent anyone? Nice owner, good negogtiator welcomed.

3 Comments:

Blogger 小彭 said...

MAC book PRO on the way..lols..

August 06, 2008 11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soi zai...

SaD.jc

August 07, 2008 11:15 am  
Blogger Andreya said...

Hi Nice Blog .In any case of DIY dell laptop batteries the, most important thing to remember is that you should only do the repair yourself if you are confident enough that you can fix the thing yourself. Without the right experience and the right know-how your laptop can end up more broken than when you started

November 24, 2008 1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring