Wednesday, August 06, 2008

HP Mini Notebook 2133 Review

It's been almost a week now since I've bought my HP Mini. I think it deserves a review, just in case you guys are thinking of getting a small sized notebook.

First things first, performance wise, it's 'ok' for a complete notebook of its size. It's not Intel 2-Core, thus, multi-tasking may be a little too much to ask from it. Basic word processing and communication would be ideal. Haven't tried it on graphics yet, but then, with a screen that small, you'd be morbid if you bought it for graphics.

Although for its size, it really does pack a mighty punch as compared to it rivals, namely the Acer, and the ASUS, both of these minis don't come with a 120G HDD, and from what I learn, with good reason. The SATA HDD uses up much more energy much more faster. If you'd have a 8G Solid slate, then it'll use up less energy. My battery lasts for not more than 2 hours without music. However, that being said, I don't find it a hassle to bring around its mobile charger and adapter at all. Since the mini is so small, there's no hassle bringing its adapter charger around. I can put everything into my pouch bag and carry the mini around as if I'm carrying a Bible.

And speaking of small in size, I found it hard to purchase a bag that is suitable enough for my mini. It is as long as normal notebooks are wide, so if I bought a normal 15" notebook bag, I'd be bringing a lot of air around with me. Heck, even the manufacturers don't have bags this small. I had to cut the 14" slip-in bag that they gave me into half and stitch the thing back with my limited threading skills...

Connectivity is very much hassle-free as I can just plop it on my dinner table at any mall and I can do both things at the same time. However that being said, the battery life does come as a hassle if ever I spend more than 2 hours at the restaurant. I might need to buy the 6-battery pack soon as a back-up for traveling and all that, since I got so much space inside my bag... Hehe..

As for looks, it is great! I love the whole build-up of the thing. Sleek on the outside, user friendly on the inside. I'm already having slight trouble keeping my stubby fingers on the right keys on this 95% : actual size keyboard, imagine how much more difficult it'll be if I had bought the Acer/ASUS that comes with keyboards so small that I might as well type with my pinky!

As for heat, the thing can and will burn your balls if you used it as a lap-top, however, the problem can be solved with a certain RM10.90 dish strainer that you can buy from any french hypermart near your house. Scandinavian breakfast-in-bed trays are also useful, but much more expensive...

I guess that's all for now...

And oh, I got the keys to my new apartment dy...

Wanna rent anyone? Nice owner, good negogtiator welcomed.

2 Comments:

Blogger 小彭 said...

MAC book PRO on the way..lols..

August 06, 2008 11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soi zai...

SaD.jc

August 07, 2008 11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring