Monday, October 02, 2006

Randomness on a Manic Monday

Yes... my mind's in a semi-charmed state, not because I'm high on something, but becaue it's a friggin Monday hangover.

I hate it when I don't get enough rest on Sunday night. I hate it when my routine is disturbed by something stupid that popped up. And I think I hate it when I force my body to work beyond its comfortable production efficiency.

I can't step on the over-drive for an unlimited amount of time. I need to run on auto-cruise some time...

But that's just how it feels for me currently. I've been on the back-burners and hitting the over-drive button for a wee bit too long. And it's stressful.

I haven't had a real weekend break since like a few weeks ago. Wonderful wedding. A small get-together, a really nice time, and wonderful, glorious fine Italiano food! *F&B Copywriter instincts kick in: 'Twas a delectably delicious fine dining experience laced with the succinct tastes that is authentically Italian in form, function and nature.'

*Now, tell me if I'm good... the clients like it when I write like that, although it means only 1 thing, beefed up with loads of big words...

Oh... Congrats to my bassist, just got married... And I was his accidental wedding singer... hehehe...

Well, that wasn't the initial plan, but we had to make do. We were told that the wedding venue had a Public Address, but when we arrived, we were met with a 'system' that consisted of 2 power-plugs, and 2 chordless mics. Like, when you tell me there's a P.A. system, I expect the least, a 'kuno*' 8 channel system. But I seriously did not expect 1 CD player, hooked up to an Amp, hooked up to 2 mini public speakers that wouldn't even pass for a monitor on my stage.
So, we brought a keyboard and an acoustic guitar to the place, expecting to hook it up conveniently to the system, but in the end, we just mic'ed the thing up using one of the 2 'Made-in-China' chordless M.i.C. that the restauranteers bought from a convenient Pasar Malam**. Luckily the keyboard came with built-in speakers. If it hadn't been this keyboard, we would've had to make do with 1 guitar... And that would be so weird... A planned, grand, garden wedding, the singing reduced to 1 man, strumming ferociously on a guitar so that the entire audience could hear a whiff of a note to sing along in tune...

Gah... enough about the sound system, or lack thereof...

It was a joyous occasion, and it was an experience in itself. Proof that no matter how much effort you put into a wedding, there's bound to be something wrong going on... So don't dream of the perfect wedding... Cause, no matter what you do, someone somewhere is bound to mess up somehow... hahahaha...

Cause a wedding is never really a 2 person thing.. unless you didn't want anything fancy... just a simple ceremony, not even a march-in... Cause the more people you involve, the more chances there are for human error.

But well, in a sense it should be grand, cause you don't do marriage more than once in your entire lifetime.

Thus, we had to make do with what we had. The guy who was supposed to sing alongside me, now had to play the guitar, the guitarist got caught up with traffic and picking up the bride... traversing tricks upon tricks that the bride's entourage concoted up for the groom's buddies, making it hard(er) for the poor guy to get his bride... ahah...

So, a lot of things didn't go to plan... a lot of things were ad-hoc... and the sound system sucked... seriously... sucked...

But nevertheless, we enjoyed the occasion... Bride and groom were happy, and now, they are Husband and Wife...

So nice... :)

And me, after all that hoo-hah, I'm back to the sidious cycle of life... wake up, brush teeth, drive to work, have the same breakfast, use the same amount of money, sit down, blog, read blogs, do sporadic work, read more blogs, go home, bathe, sleep, wake up... you get the idea...

It is that bad... seriously...

*Kuno = Ancient / Back-dated / Out of production
** Pasar Malam = Night Market / Flea Market / Immitation Goods Central

~~~~~~

Post-Script:
If you, my Dear Reader, am not understanding even a bit of what's written up there, do not take it to heart. Cause I can't either after I revisited the post.

It's ok... I'm just a deranged man, trying to crap something up for all my 5 readers...

And as Michele will tell you, I'm a Scatter Brain, thus, my thoughts, recorded in words, would be scattered around the entire piece... that explains why you have to jump around the lines to get where I'm at... Frustrating, I know...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so totally on the same brainwave as mine.

I think. Hahaha

October 02, 2006 11:36 am  
Blogger peisheah said...

argh i feel the same not rested enough feeling after rushing back from kuantan for my sis's wedding..

October 02, 2006 12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring