Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm back...

After about a week back in my hometown of Sandakan, I come back feeling even more confused and even more tired. All I did back there was to eat, eat and eat. The pros and cons of having two mums now is that you need to be political and be diplomatic with both. Tell me, what would you do when both of them wants you at their house for dinner? The filial son would inadvertently eat both dinners!

So now, since I'm back and as I have experienced a whole new refreshing experience in my hometown, I would now proceed to talk about a few things that I have learnt from my relatives whilst I was back there. And talking about relatives, my wife's grandma passed away on the day we were due to go back... Saddening in a sense that we didn't get to meet her before she moved on, but relieved that she has indeed moved on because she's been struggling with sickness for some time now...

Back to Hakka-ness;

Today's lesson would have to be 'Ngia Tiu!'

Ngia Tiu ~ An expression to depict impossibility; literally translated as 'Your Head Lah!'

So when someone tells you that Celkom is giving out 30% discounts, your prescribed reaction to that before you lose your bet would be 'Ngia tiu! Seet Long Mi ah ngee, ngai yoong hoi gan giu ten wa du mau kon goh an yong gai dung see.'

Until then, it's getting late...

And oh, I've gotten myself a new phone... Got it for cheap... I'm a happy guy so far...

6 Comments:

Blogger j-kiml said...

welcome back!!

what's nx after ngia tiu? ngai ****? XD

July 12, 2008 1:18 pm  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

ngia xxx tiu??

lolz.. what are you guys thinking when i wrote that??


if it's a 3 letter word starting with an l....
shame on you...


it is supposedly ngia gai tiu...

which translates to, your head..

anyway, condolences..

July 12, 2008 1:57 pm  
Blogger z - rIce said...

but i preffer ngia giu tiu
hahaha

July 12, 2008 4:28 pm  
Blogger j-kiml said...

lol i tot of the 'l' word... tsk tsk... dirty minded

July 12, 2008 11:32 pm  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

anyone know the term, da ngong xiong?

July 13, 2008 12:28 am  
Blogger z - rIce said...

l mean???
haha,,tell me..i duno oh..wakakaka

July 13, 2008 8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring