Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sleepless

It's been sometime now since I've had the time to stay sleepless in KL. But now that my day off is on Monday, and I'm mostly smashed-up over the weekend, I find that I can't take my day offs like I used to. I like to very much not sleep in the night and sleep in till late in the afternoon. But now, since I'm too tired to even stay up for my day off, I find it difficult to do anything that I like.

For instance, I like to cruise on the highway when there are no cars on the road. Somehow it's just a very liberating feeling. Me and my car, no complaints, no one to talk to, no one to take care of, just me and my sports car wannabe. Vroom vroom. Now I can't.

I also like to go to mamak stalls in the middle of the night, sit down and have a warm cup of teh tarik. All by myself. Sometimes, a friend or two would be nice, but most of the time, I'd choose to have it on my own.

Or walks in the silence of the night. Just a casual stroll, feeling the mid-night breeze, trying to gaze into the sky. It just brings about a feeling of peace. That somewhere out there, God is in control. Makes me feel so small, so in need of God. We're being surrounded by man-made things sometimes we forget that God is greater than all these. No one tallest building can compare with the complexity of making a single flower grow and bloom. No satellite in the sky can compare with the profound mystery of how the earth stays in its orbit.

And here I am, sitting in front of a man-made product trying to glorify God. How profound.

And yes, Shaneil, I'm back...

2 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

p/s:
And the Lord speaks when it's quiet... No entertainment beside me... Just the stillness of the night... That is when I don't need to think about anything else, but where I can focus on God...

June 12, 2008 1:58 am  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

first time see people ps put in comment....

June 13, 2008 12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring