Wednesday, June 11, 2008

to the victor, the spoils...

Since each man cannot be perfect, and even if one tries to achieve perfection, one will never be truly perfect in man's eyes. So the underlying question is, why do we even try anyway?

Since everyone has their own perception of what perfection should be, then it is safe to say that if there are 6Billion people in this world, there would be 6Billion differing views on what is perfection.

And if there are so many people who think differently about that same ONE word, then why do we even try to achieve it? and how would we be able to achieve it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I see you're back to your old habits.

Well, my say still stands, stop beating round the bush.

I don't have a quote but I do have one actually..

"Perfection is illusive, just be the best you can be" :)

- Devaser, 2007

June 11, 2008 7:52 pm  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

uh? achieve perfection?

at first i was startled at the blog post.. thought it was for me. lolz..

well, i never believe in perfection and never will try to achieve it though. haha...

well, maybe you can try to just be what God wants you to be? I dunno, my point of view though..

June 11, 2008 9:10 pm  
Blogger garrylin said...

I personally don't think we are meant for perfection. We are all meant to have flaw. From my buddhism background, i used to practice perfection. However, to my 'enlightenment' i realize that through flawness only can we understand perfection.

It is quality that counts. We can get near perfection though. I was reminded of your post as i was reading Louis Pang's blog. Even, a professional photographer can't guarantee perfect pictures. A professional photographer may even make simple mistakes such as missing the 'bouquet toss'. But at the end of the day, it is the quality and effort that counts. As long as the best is being delivered, nothing else matters.

June 16, 2008 1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring