Thursday, April 09, 2009

Degeneration???

It's as if I'm degenerating as we speak. 

I am so disconnected from the ever-progressing world in this small town that I think I'm starting to live like a hermit. Not out of choice, but 'hermitted-in' by the infrastructure around me. Taking time out to blog is a chore, and since I can't get a stable internet access most of the time, I get frustrated from even logging on to the internet. 

Besides, in this 'end-of-the-road' kind of town, we only get information the latest. Most of what happens out there in the world today are so distant from this place. I wonder how wi-max is catching up. I wonder what's next after blue-ray discs. I wonder when we can have real broadband in the place where I stay. I wonder if iphone will make it here. I wonder if multi-media equipment has advanced in what ways. I wonder what will happen when astro turns HD. I wonder if flat-headed shoes are still in fashion. I wonder if my clothes are archaic. I wonder if kids nowadays still use what I am using. I wonder about whether I wonder about the right things cause I seem to have been disconnected from the cutting-edge. 

In life, it is seriously important to maintain a cutting edge. I mean I'm enjoying the slowness of life and the slowness of everything here, but I am feeling blunt. I feel that I am 'blunting' as we speak. Soonere or later, some new wave of thinking, of doing things, of living may just overtake me without me noticing what's happened. 

I have found that I keep asking myself, "What's new?" only to find a brick wall in front of me. 

Maybe that's the price you have to pay to be in such a town. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Richmond Cheow said...

0.0..NO!!
You must push yourself HAHAHA..
that's the only way..

April 09, 2009 12:12 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

Do you think celcom broadband is of good help? I am bringing one for my dad. You can bring over your place and try.... how's that?

April 10, 2009 8:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the connection. It's the technology. People are now into wi-max, and whatever-nots. Here in Tawau, wireless broadband is still at it's infancy...

SaD.jc

April 11, 2009 8:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did you expect in this town?????

April 17, 2009 5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring