Saturday, November 08, 2008

Still settling in

I know it's been the theme for quite some time... But that's the truth I guess...

It's difficult being in a situation where you are trying to settle down but yet you know that you're gonna uproot and settle somewhere else in the very near future. It does have a negative effect on the human psyche. My wife and I are trying so hard to fit-in, settle down, set some boundaries, get used to life, but yet, we cannot because we are in a half-way sort of situation. There's so many things we need but cannot buy simply because we don't wanna move some more stuff when we eventually move, and there's so many creature comforts that we can have but are resisting because where we live in is not our final destination...

I guess we've found out why we're so tired to the point of being lethargic in the evenings. We stay in this room that gets the full heat of the afternoon sun, and whenever we come back from work, we are like going back to an oven. Maybe that's why we're always tired. Now we're adamant to not save on the electricity bill by turning on the air-con during the evening. Maybe we'll cut down on the night usage. But we seem to not get that tired after experimenting for the past 2 days. Well, we'll know sooner than later I guess.

We went to Giant on Thursday night, and I must admit, I am not impressed at all. I mean Giant is Giant, and it's supposed to be Giant, but all we see are a whole lot of empty racks. I guess it just shows how far end are we on the supply line. It's like Tawau is at the end of the supply chain and we only get stuff that have been written off by Sandakan and even Lahad Datu. Nothing's cheap around here, and everything's back dated. Everything seems to be so yesterday...

Well, I guess life's like that for a guy like me.

I keep thanking God that I found a wife that's willing to live in such dire circumstances. Well, I guess the Bible does hold its truths when it says that foxes have holes, birds have nests, but the son of man... has no where to lay his head...

2 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

o.o...
its seems like you are really hating tawau eh.
haha.

November 10, 2008 8:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be thankful that you're going away...

SaD.jc

November 12, 2008 12:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring