Saturday, October 15, 2005

To Love, or To Teach....

I'm still over-hung from this issue that I am having with my friend.

I have done some thinking and it has occured to me that people today mistake love as being the affectional love. If you love me, you'll take care of me, you'll look after my interests, you'll remind me to do the stuff that you expect me to forget, and you'll devote your entire time to me.

Many have failed to see that love is also about teaching and admonishing each other so that together, we become better people. Most of the time, when we get a scolding, or get commented for a flaw in our actions/system/anything, we take it as if the person hates us, and wants to pick a fight with us.

But it is true friends that don't leave you to die.

If I don't care about you, I'd care less if you're not doing things right. I'm not going to risk ruining my relationship with you so that you can be a better person, although you might hate me for it. If I care less about you, I won't mind you getting into trouble with higher powers that may make or break your life.

sigh... Since today is saturday, and I am working half-day, this will be a half-argued post...

1 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

gab: Sorry ah... I got over it during the weekend... hehehehe

So there's no 'full argument'...

Next issue please!!!

October 17, 2005 9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring