Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Of Long Walks and Faulty ATMs...

Realisation #1: RHB gives out great service, but takes a long time. There's an RHB branch (mini-branch) sitting somewhere outside the building where my office is. The service is OK, I get served in a very short while, but the ATM machine doesn't seem to agree with me. Since yesterday, I haven't been able to do a single transaction on the ATM except change my PIN. So I had to wait in queue for the counter to serve me. And AT LAST, my cheque got cleared! I really cannot comprehend why MayBank (which is another 200 metres away can clear an RHB Cheque in 2 days (sometimes if you're lucky, by the end of the next day), and yet, an RHB Branch needs 3 full working days to clear a cheque from a sister branch? This I cannot (SERIOUSLY) comprehend.

Realisation #2: EON Bank (a good 15 minutes walk from my office) gives great benefits, but suckish service. I went to collect my VERY FIRST credit card, and pay my Car Loan Installment. The Credit Card bit was satisfactory, they helped me do everything including activating the card for me (saving me a phone call), but the counter service is SLOW!!! repeat after me, S.L.O.W.!!! People were practically sitting there loafing around, makikng themselves at home. And the all the 5 counters were fully manned! Yet, it took 15 minutes to serve 5 customers? Ah, well, maybe they're just being careful and detailed in their procedures, so i thought.

Then I realised that there was an Cash Deposit Machine lying around, so I ventured into doing my very first loan payment via the machine. Previously, the EON Bank branch that I used to frequent didn't have the deposit machine, and the counter service was satisfactory. So I tried using the darn thing. And guess what. I didn't have enough small change with me to pay the whole sum of my installment. Now I still owe EON Bank a good RM7.45 (somehwere there) because I couldn't bank in RM1 notes, and it rejected my RM5 note. Ah, well...

So folks, that was a vivid recollection of my misadventures with the banks. Sigh...

The life of a metropolitan coolie...

1 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

now, to a world of debt....

MUAhahahahaHAHAHAhhahahahHAhH

(somehow, that seemed so meloncholic...)

October 05, 2005 9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring