Monday, October 03, 2005

Mondays... How predictable...

Wah, at last, I had a good time resting over the weekend.

Well, the 2006 Budget is out, and there's nothing in it for the man on the street. Petrol prices will increase, price of goods will increase, and the cheapest stuff that I used to consume has just gotten expensive. Even the freakin 'Wantan Mee' outside my apartment raised its price by 50cents. And what's happening to our salary? Stagnant, non-moving, shitty!

Materialism... hhhmmm... I was watching a documentary on China and its now seemingly open, semi-capitalist market. The girl that was featured was followed around by a camera crew for her first day on her job. The light-bulb was ignited when the family was having dinner. The parents apparently did not get to choose what kind of career they wanted to have. tha father was an engineer and the mother was a nurse because the state said so. It suddenly dawned upon me that sometimes, I have taken certain freedoms for granted. And when I think about it, I should feel slightly happy that I can at least choose what kind of career I liked. (although most of the time, parents will determine what your career path will be) but here, we can always rebel... hehehehe...

But still, I can't imagine myself being given a role in society simply because the state thought that I would do well there. But of course, the debate will be that the state knows better, and everyone will bound to get allocated a job instead of us, trying so hard to look for one.

So, during this Blue Monday, it will be good to celebrate the freedom of choice.

But still, what choice do we have when what we choose is very much determined by our ability to earn?

sigh... when inflation rises faster than income...

**********

On a ligther mode, I went to my girlfriend's ex-classmate's wedding dinner on Saturday at MO!!! the place was like 'Wah Lau Weh..eh..eh..eh...!!! We knew that the husband was the son of some big-time businessman but we weren't prepared for the opening speech made by the MC... "Tan Sri-TanSri, Puan Sri-Puan Sri, Datuk-Datuk, and all distinguished guests, a very warm welcome..." We were among the big-shots of big-shots!!! No wonder the wedding dinner was held at such a prestigious place! Service was superb! Imagine ONE waiter for ONE table! and the speed in which the course were brought out was really amazing... But the food was so-so only... Well, I guess you can't have it all... Great service, not-so-great food. Well, impression points were at the Max, but satisfaction was well below par when it came to the quality of the food. I think Overseas / Tai Thong would serve better tasting food, but of course, those places would not house Tan Sri's and Puan Sri's...

So, if you want an eloborate dinner, by all means, but if you want good food, go somewhere else...

*********

Mondays are never fun... And I wasted my breakfast on transportation because I couldn't get money out of the ATM! I could've bought the monthly pass, but I have to settle for a touch 'n go instead because I didn't have enough cash with me... AYAM!!! Wasted RM2.40... and that is 1 teh tarik with 2 pieces of roti kosong!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

In life, the only variable that can be controlled is your own urges. If you can control all your urges, then every other variable will not affect you much.

Working on an empty stomach can be trained. Your body is flexible and while you're young, you still can afford to forgo a few luxuries in life. You can't do such things when you're body's on the downhill.

When you're old and full of years, body parts will start to wear out and you'll have to have your meals on time, do everything accordingly because you have to...

now, to train my body to do other things.. hehehehe

October 03, 2005 2:15 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

kesian....=P

can buy a pack of 6 buns from bakery for rm2...last u more than one breakfast...hehehe

October 03, 2005 10:04 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

The bakery's not along my way lar...

Sigh...

October 04, 2005 10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring