Monday, August 01, 2005

Whao!!!

My very first NameCard!!!

I've been roaming the streets of social-life without a namecard ever since I started working... and that's almost exactly to the dot of one year... I still remember my first ever job... I started officially on the 9th of August 2004 as a 'Trainee Copywriter' and I left the sorry excuse of an ad agency within 9 months of picking up phone calls, replying emails, doing a whole lot of client handling, and being on-time at the office only to wait for work to start at 5.30pm everyday... I put in my resignation just as the boss sent my details for film-output to make me a namecard... and in the end, I didn't even get the piece of film that was supposedly going to be printed...

And now, this is the first time I am getting my own name card... I don't have to make stupid excuses now for not having a namecard with my social circle... Albeit, I have always told my ex-classmates that I am earning peanuts and working like a dog, and they don't even print me a namecard... ad agencies... sometimes i wonder "Why? why do my friends get their personal namecards two weeks after they join... and mine only comes a few months after... " I mean, ad agencies are supposed to be the fastest companies to be able to print namecards wah... we have colour-separators and printers walking through our doors every other hour...

So, it's supposed to make me feel better... and according to my colleague, it's a sign that the company's already confirmed me as one of thier permanent staff... we'll have to wait and see about that... i am only 2 months in, and by the end of the month, i'll be haggling for an increase in income... petrol prices increase already wah...

but I have to admit, it does boost morale... a bit...

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivien Dumpangol said...

hello!!! found ur blog oredi! really nice. keep on blogging k!

August 01, 2005 1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring